Charlie Ross founder of Offset Warehouse has contributed to the newest Safia Minney ( founder of People Tree) book ‘Slave to Fashion’. In celebration of this Charlie has organised a day of making and learning. Her contribution to the book is a section on Zero Waste Fashion and if you come along to the day (or buy the book) you’ll get instructions on how to make your very own Zero Waste Dress.
I have been asked, as one of three people, to provide a small talk and a little more knowledge & light to the subject. To accompany this I wanted to provide a collection of links to books, videos , downloads, websites, for people to further their knowledge, share and explore:
- “Slave to Fashion” Safia Minney
- “Zero Waste Fashion Design“ Timo Rissanen & Holly McQuillan.
- “Refashioned” Sass Brown
- “Zero-Waste: Designs the Waste Nothing”
- “Zero-Waste Fashion Design with Holly McQuillan“
- Shingo Sato & his TR Cutting School
- Julian Roberts, ‘Free Cutting’ Book.
- Makeuse.nz , Holly McQuillan free downloads for Zero-Waste patterns (& prints and embroidery).
- Wonderful podcast: Conscious Chatter. Episode 47 | TIMO RISSANEN + ZERO WASTE DESIGN & Episode 32 CHRISTY DAWN + MAKING DEADSTOCK LOVELY
Over the last few years I’ve created a few blog posts for Offset Warehouse:
- A brief introduction to Zero Waste.
- Zero Waste Bow & Collar
- The Kimono
- Zero Waste Skirt
- Zero Waste Tee
I think that might be enough to begin with. Any suggestions for more links are much appreciated and I will endeavour to add any more I find.
For now, explore, experiment & make sure you have fun.